Sunday, September 16, 2012

Another week in the bag!

I can't believe that I'm already two weeks away from taper for Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon - where did the weeks go?? That's the good news. The bad news is that I still have the two longest runs ahead of me, but if they go as well as today, then ... ok, not saying anything more or I'm going to JINX them! So, today was 2h30 of alternating Zone 2/3 and we decided to run from home to the Etobicoke Trail for 1h15 and back. Not a bad idea... until km 18 or so when I realized that we had quite a nice hill to climb back up. Too bad Scotiabank is not hilly because with all the ups and downs on the trail and the Heart Lake Hill x 2, I would have become a pro at running vertical.

Oh wait, that's what I said when I ran Mississauga as well and we all know how that went... some days there CAN be too many hills. But at least I'm going to be prepared for Around the Bay 30K, that has some nice ascents as well as I discovered earlier this year. Anyway, I think I found a good measuring tool for my fitness level, doing this back and forth on all my long runs at least for another 2 weeks. The only difference will be that the second hill will come later and later in the run, so that's going to be interesting.

Now with the GROSS, chaffing returned today, with one of my last bras under test (Under Armour), but I will spare you the pictures. Let's say it's not as bad as before, but it still stings. Where it got surprising though, was with the blisters on the feet. None between my toes since I was wearing the Injinji toe socks and that part seems to be working well, but on the sides, not so much. I give you an artistic diptych because I like playing with the Diptic app on my iPhone and taking pictures of my feet.
Sorry, you cannot complain, I haven't shown you my blisters since the Paris Marathon. Here's a better picture if you cannot stomach the one above. This was before the run, because the after was almost as dramatic as the feet.

The other activities for this week included pool x 2 (already covered), strength training, the usual Wednesday brick, which I completely murdered and even beat my road biking PR, then on Friday, the return of the negative split which wasn't too shabby either.

Then yesterday, we went out for our weekly long bike ride and the weather and just about everything was perfect, of course, it was supposed to be "easy", so for once I had fun and didn't suffer on hills or trying to race hubbs. Shitload of pictures ahead, from all angles because that's a first.





Damn, it was a good day out there! We even saw a flock of vultures, about 40 of them, circling a farm. Need to send the CSI there? I hope not. They were pretty cool though, all perched on those bald trees, just like in the Jungle Book cartoon.


That was the first movie that I remember seeing when I was a kid so it left quite the indelible memory, ok? Here, have some fun too, trying to figure out what you're gonna do. Because I don't know what I'm gonna do. Do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment