Friday, March 23, 2012

A runner's return

This coming Sunday is a big day. For the first time ever hubbs will be participating to a running event with me, the Around the Bay 30K Road Race. We've climbed the CN Tower a few times together for the WWF and the United Way, but we never ran. Hell, in 15 years of marriage, I've never seen him running other than back and forth on a soccer field. But I've seen proof in pictures, my hubbs was a track runner in his teens and a pretty good one from what I've heard. Needless to say, I was absolutely psyched when I saw him finishing a 12km training run last week with a big smile on his face, faster than I ever did. There goes my hope of ever running alongside him, the challenge is now "catch me if you can". Did I mention that this was only his second run since the beginning of the year? I am scared of how quickly he went from couch to Speedy Gonzales. So I can't wait to see how Sunday unfolds. We will be running in relay: he'll be doing the first leg, I'll be doing the second over "the" Hamilton hill. I am so damn excited, I can't wait!!
To make the point of this post, I am featuring below a picture from my photographer friend Ralph Nardell from Philly. My hubbs' running journey has started and I wish it to last for many miles to come. Good luck, love!

(photo courtesy of Ralph Nardell)

No comments:

Post a Comment